Earlier, baldness was associated with old age, but today, even young people are affected by it. Bad lifestyle choices, including lack of proper nutrition and stress, has made baldness all pervasive. While it is common in males, a small population of women too deals with this embarrassing hair issue. But is there a way out apart from the expensive option of hair transplantation.
There are many effective ways to cure baldness. Does that sound too good to be true. Read on to find out more about the causes, types, and the effective home remedies for baldness in men and women.
- Hormonal imbalance
- Injury or burns
- Scalp infections like ringworm
- Iron deficiency
- Insufficient protein content in diet
- Family history of baldness
How To Cure Baldness Naturally
Best Oils To Cure Baldness
Massaging frequently with castor oil stimulates the roots of the hair by increasing the circulation of blood throughout the scalp. It nourishes the scalp with healthy fats and also prevents the occurrence of dandruff, which will abet hair growth
- Lightly warm up the oil and apply it to your scalp.
- Leave it on overnight.
Coconut oil contains nourishing fats and alpha-tocopherol that keep the scalp rejuvenated and hydrated. This, in turn, helps to strengthen the hair follicles and stimulate hair growth. Coconut oil is also rich in antioxidants that protect the scalp and the hair fibers from damage
- Warm up the oil for a couple of seconds and massage the scalp with it.
- Rinse off the oil after 4-5 hours. You can also keep it on overnight.
This antiallergenic essential oil possesses anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antibacterial properties. It was shown in a study conducted in 2014 that peppermint oil induced the growth of thick and long hair in just a few weeks
- Dilute the essential oil in water and apply on your scalp and hair.
- Cover your head with the warm towel or a shower cap for 20-30 minutes.
- Wash it off with a mild shampoo.
Pumpkin Seed Oil
Pumpkin seed oil has been tested and proved to work for treating male pattern baldness or androgenetic alopecia (AGA). It is rich in carotenes, tocopherols, and other beneficial nutrients that play an important role in reversing alopecia. However, its exact mechanism of action for treating AGA is still not understood
- Mix the oils and apply the blend on the scalp.
- Leave it on overnight.
Siddha Hair Oil
We already know the benefits of coconut oil for hair growth. Camphor sensitizes the blood vessels and nerves on the scalp, thus increasing blood circulation and promoting hair regrowth
- Crush the camphor tablets and mix them with the coconut oil. Store this in an airtight container.
- Apply this oil on the scalp before going to bed.
- Massage the scalp with this oil.
- Leave it on for 2-3 hours and then wash your scalp (and hair) as usual.
Extracted from the seeds of Arugula, taramira oil is popularly known as jamba oil in Hindi. It contains plenty of fatty acids and has anti-inflammatory and antifungal properties. Hair loss and baldness are often treated with this oil
Olive oil blocks the hair loss hormones that are produced on the scalp. This reduces hair loss and promotes healthy hair growth. Olive oil also nourishes the skin on the scalp and keeps it infection-free
- Heat the oil for a few seconds and apply it on the scalp.
- Massage the scalp for 4-5 minutes.
- Rinse your hair in the morning. If you are running short of time, leave the oil on for at least an hour.
This oil is beneficial to treat baldness that is non-hereditary. It closely resembles the naturally produced oil by the skin and is easily absorbed. It is rich in vitamin E, which takes away the oxidative stress that is resulting in baldness and hair loss
- Massage the oil directly on the scalp for a few minutes.
- Leave it on for 3-4 hours before rinsing it off.
Tea Tree Oil
Extreme dandruff and infections of the scalp can sometimes lead to bald spots. In such cases, tea tree oil works wonderfully as it is a wide spectrum antimicrobial agent. It is also rich in antioxidants that can help rejuvenate the hair follicles.
- Dilute the essential oil by mixing it with the carrier oil of your choice.
- Apply this blend on the scalp and let it sit for at least an hour.
- Rinse using a mild shampoo.
Hair loss is a devastating condition that affects millions of men and women around the world. Home remedies can be used without any worry as they do not have any adverse effects at all. And they are easily available in the kitchen and/or a nearby market. You need not drill a hole in your budget to treat baldness. These cheap home remedies for baldness can do the trick.Link to original