Paruthi Paal/ Cotton Seed Milk! The milk is packed with healthy stuffs and also tastes delicious. It is one of the special drink specific in South Tamil nadu. It has rich proteins, fat and fiber.
Cotton seed milk and coconut milk make the main ingredients with little rice flour to smoothen the consistency, sweetened by Palm jaggery natural sweetener made from palm without chemical processing.
- Reduce Heart Disease
- Taken by Diabetes also
- Remedy for Cold and Cough
- Normalize Menstrual Cycle
- Increase Breast Milk.
- Decrease body heat
- Remedy for stomach ulcer.
- Best alternative for animal fat allergic people as it is a seed based milk.
- Cotton seeds – 200 gms (approx 2 cups)
- Jaggery – 1 and 1/2 cup
- Coconut milk – 1 cup
- Grated coconut – 1/2 cup (optional)
- Dry ginger powder – 1/4 tsp
- Rice flour – 2 tsp
- Wash and clean the cotton seeds.
- Soak Cotton seed in water for about 8 hours / overnight.
- Grind the cotton seed with water (not much)
- Filter and take milk from it.
- Dissolve Jaggery in water, filter it and keep aside ready.
- Once the cotton milk comes to boil, reduce the flame. Take rice flour in a bowl, add water and dissolve it without lumps.
- On the other side, Grate fresh coconut, grind and take milk from it.
- Pour the dissolved rice flour into the cotton milk and stir well.
- Add jaggery and dry ginger powder to it. Stir and cook for 10-15 minutes in low flame.
- Once it becomes little thick, finally add coconut milk, stir well and remove from flame.
Add water accordingly for it serves 10 to 12 glasses. You can also use coconut milk instead of grated coconut. It’s like the crunchy flavor of the coconut. This drink is recommended thrice a week for all age groups except infantsLink to original